Happy New Year // My dear Luxembourg

Hello and happy New Year!!

As we all know, 2016 was not the best year to-date: Syria being under constant attack, Brexit, Trump voted as the new POTUS and the death of many music legends (David Bowie, Prince, George Michael,...) and film icons (my poor geek heart suffered the most upon hearing the tragic news of Alan Rickman and Carrie Fisher).
But, let's all keep our positive attitudes up and hope that 2017 will be better; I mean seriously, can it get any worse??

Now, I bet, all of your Instagrams and Facebook news pages are flooded with 'New Year, New Me' posts but let's not kid ourselves: how many of those New Year's resolutions are actually being pulled through? And how many of them are just going to stay mere pieces of our imagination and totally forgotten about after the second week of January?



Well, here is my tip: Don't want to break your resolutions? Simply, don't make any. I, personally, do not make new resolutions each year, I follow the same long-term goals and they are: be curious, travel as much as you can and never stop exploring. Be open to new things and return kindness with kindness.
Anyway, I hope you have all celebrated the last day of 2016 in style and that you are all well-rested for the beginning of a new year! Happy 2017.



With the New Year's sales going on right now and me spending my very last days in Luxembourg, I wanted to share my favourite shops in Luxembourg with you and even some of my favourite non-fashion related hang-outs in the ´Burg.

Where I shop:

1. Stitch



(taken from stitch.lu)

Address: 4 Grand-Rue, 1660 Luxembourg
Instagram account: stitchluxembourg

This shop is every streetwear lover's and skate enthusiast's dream. Offering a variety of trainers you won't find anywhere else in Luxembourg, as well as well-known clothing brands and upcoming brands, this store is always on my list when I'm back home. One of their biggest strengths is their incredibly friendly staff.


2. Extrabold


(taken from archiduc.lu)

Address: 24 Avenue de la Liberté, 1930 Luxembourg
Instagram account: extraboldshop

Extrabold is basically Luxembourg's version of Urban Outfitters. They offer similar brands, a variety of trainers and those little extra things (books and vinyl records for example) you can find inside UO. Extrabold was the first store of its kind to open its doors in Luxembourg and since 2007, they have known huge successes.


3. SMETS Concept Store



Address: 262, route d'Arlon, 8010 Strassen
Instagram account: smets_store

This is one for the luxury lovers out there. The Smets Concept Store in Strassen offers high-end brands, including premium streetwear (Yeezy, vetements, Off-white, Kenzo, ...). Although the store is not located in Luxembourg City, the interior design and the choice of brands you would only find in Paris or London, are worth a visit. This store is a blogger's paradise!



Where I eat:

As many of my friends and instagram followers already know, I have a passion for food! So I thought, it is only fair to share some of my favourite instagram-worthy food spots with you.

Charles Sandwiches:




Address: 19, rue Chimay, 1333 Luxembourg 

This is my favourite lunch spot in town. They offer sandwiches and burgers, home-made iced teas and lovely sides. I recommend to get a meal and order a caesar salad or coleslaw and skin-on fries with your sandwich, it is SO worth it!


Smoojo



Address: 60, Grand-Rue, 1660 Luxembourg

This has probably become one of the most popular places in the whole of Luxembourg City and that title is well-deserved. Frozen yoghurt is possibly one of my all-time favourite desserts as I love the refreshing taste of it and believe me, I have tried frozen yoghurts from all over the world but no cup has ever been able to compete with Smoojo's. You can get the best frozen yoghurt and smoothies in the world with the freshest toppings from Smoojo. A visit to Luxembourg should include a visit to Smoojo.

Check out their website: smoojo.lu



So, I guess that was a bit more about Luxembourg and where I like hanging out when I'm back home. I hope, this makes Luxembourg a bit more attractive to young people and will chase the idea away that Luxembourg is only about banks and money.

Stay tuned to hear about my holidays in Tenerife and a new outfit post which will be posted in the following weeks.


Love always,
Anne xo

Comments

Instagram: @theannekay

Followers

Popular Posts