How to create a less casual Streetwear look
Hi all,
I am feeling kinda sad as this is probably my last post in Nottingham. I have graduated now and I am ready to take on the world and explore a new place. I will miss this city so much as it has been a home for me for the past three years and it has really cool independent stores and cafés which I love hanging out in. Anyway, let's dive in today's topic.
With Streetwear having become a part of mainstream culture and it being sold by high-street retailers and luxury brands alike, the trend is now targeted at a wider range of people. As more people are buying into this trend, Streetwear has become more diverse in order to respond to the needs of this wider range of individuals. What used to be a style entirely based around the casualwear worn by many subcultures is now acceptable to be worn in all kinds of different places and has become a status symbol, dictating who is "cool" and who is not.
Enough with the history facts, though, as that is not the purpose of this blog post. However I wanted to share these facts with you to explain why I created this look. With more diverse people buying into the streetwear trend and diversifying it, I personally started to enjoy experimenting with my style. Streetwear does not have to be casual all the time any more and can even be worn in more formal places, such as at work for example. I have recently liked combining classic clothing items with streetwear pieces to create a unique look. The look I created for you today is an example of how streetwear can look less casual and be incorporated in more formal and even professional settings.
Simply add a pair of sneakers and a cool logo jacket to your every-day look to instantly level up your style.
I am feeling kinda sad as this is probably my last post in Nottingham. I have graduated now and I am ready to take on the world and explore a new place. I will miss this city so much as it has been a home for me for the past three years and it has really cool independent stores and cafés which I love hanging out in. Anyway, let's dive in today's topic.
With Streetwear having become a part of mainstream culture and it being sold by high-street retailers and luxury brands alike, the trend is now targeted at a wider range of people. As more people are buying into this trend, Streetwear has become more diverse in order to respond to the needs of this wider range of individuals. What used to be a style entirely based around the casualwear worn by many subcultures is now acceptable to be worn in all kinds of different places and has become a status symbol, dictating who is "cool" and who is not.
Enough with the history facts, though, as that is not the purpose of this blog post. However I wanted to share these facts with you to explain why I created this look. With more diverse people buying into the streetwear trend and diversifying it, I personally started to enjoy experimenting with my style. Streetwear does not have to be casual all the time any more and can even be worn in more formal places, such as at work for example. I have recently liked combining classic clothing items with streetwear pieces to create a unique look. The look I created for you today is an example of how streetwear can look less casual and be incorporated in more formal and even professional settings.
Simply add a pair of sneakers and a cool logo jacket to your every-day look to instantly level up your style.
Sunglasses: Etnia Barcelona
Jacket: Alpha Industries
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Converse x CDG Play
Detailed view of the streetwear pieces I used:
As always, thanks to all of you for reading,
Love Anne.






Comments
Post a Comment