Welcome to my Online Portfolio

As the title already suggests, I welcome you all to my new online portfolio!

I will be using this area to share some of the work I have previously completed as part of my university degree or my professional life as well as to promote any future pieces of work I will complete. An example of such work is this moodboard I completed for a denim research project.




I am currently looking to add more professional experience to my CV and have been applying to various roles in eCommerce and Marketing. I hope working on this online portfolio will help me improve from a creative point of view and open doors to exciting opportunities for me.

To get to know me professionally I will be answering a couple of questions;

1) What have you studied?

I have completed two years of BA(Hons) Fashion Management at Nottingham Trent University before switching to the exciting International Fashion Business top-up course with the aim to become more creative and less academic. I will be graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree on 16th July 2018.

2) What would your ideal job look lke?

I would love to work for a start-up fashion company or a streetwear/casualwear retailer. I love streetwear and casual clothing and think I would be able to fit in perfectly. I also prefer start-ups or independent companies as they are often more fun and vibrant and they allow me to be fully involved in the work and contribute from day one instead of completing minor tasks like print jobs.

3) Where would you like to work?

I would love to stay in the UK and find a job in London. I have always wanted to live in London for a period of time. Other cities I like are Antwerp and Amsterdam as they are exciting citites which are both a little closer from home.

4) Have you got any experience working for a fashion brand?

Yes, I have been a marketing intern for Luxembourgish premium brand vol(t)age. During my time at vol(t)age, I have completed various advertisements for their website and social media channels, using Adobe Photoshop. I have also organised a campaign with my blogger friend Erik Mardes. I will talk about my work experience more in the next post I will be writing.

5) Have you got any plans to go back to university one day?

I have always wanted to receive a Master's degree at some point in my life. At this point, I am not sure in which area I want to specialise in yet and that's the reason why I want to go work for a while first. I am thinking of either specialising in Luxury Fashion Branding or in Fashion Cultures. I would love to pursue my postgraduate studies in either London or Paris.

6) Why do you want to pursue a career in Fashion?

I have always been intrigued by fashion and clothing and how it has evolved over the years. Like most girls, I have loved going shopping and combining different styles and so one day I decided to turn my passion into a career and applied to study a fashion degree. Living in Luxembourg, the fashion industry is not very advanced and has many gaps in the market but the worst thing about fashion in Luxembourg is that the clothes are plain and people don't really take fashion risks. My dream is to open my own fashion business one day and sell styles which are a little more out-of-the-box to bring some colours and innovative styles to Luxembourg.


I hope this helped you to get to know me better and that you will continue following my new direction for this blog. Stay tuned as new posts will follow shortly.

Until then,

Anne xo

Comments

Instagram: @theannekay

Followers

Popular Posts