The rise of crossbody bags
Hi everyone,
As many of you will already know, I am currently halfway through my internship in Antwerp. Interning in e-Commerce has taught me many things, one of the many things is how important it is for a business to accept and follow trends. Consumers of all ages are switching from in-store purchases to online shopping and we are currently working on our website and the brand's aesthetic to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Since I work for a pretty cool company, I thought it would be time to incorporate my job a bit into my blog. I will be using Eastpak products in my looks as part of a new series. This is part one of this series and it is all about crossbody bags.
Last summer, bumbags were the go-to festival accessory and they were sold by luxury brands (e.g. Gucci) as well as by pretty much all high-street retailers. Trend research suggests that the demand for bumbags isn't decreasing for the time being but that there will be a new player joining the game: crossbody bags.
I decided to create a look around a crossbody bag and share some tips on how to style this new accessory!
Little note to all my readers: Thank you for your continuous support even if I have been inconsistent with my posts. Every click, share or comment means the world to me so THANK YOU.
As many of you will already know, I am currently halfway through my internship in Antwerp. Interning in e-Commerce has taught me many things, one of the many things is how important it is for a business to accept and follow trends. Consumers of all ages are switching from in-store purchases to online shopping and we are currently working on our website and the brand's aesthetic to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Since I work for a pretty cool company, I thought it would be time to incorporate my job a bit into my blog. I will be using Eastpak products in my looks as part of a new series. This is part one of this series and it is all about crossbody bags.
Last summer, bumbags were the go-to festival accessory and they were sold by luxury brands (e.g. Gucci) as well as by pretty much all high-street retailers. Trend research suggests that the demand for bumbags isn't decreasing for the time being but that there will be a new player joining the game: crossbody bags.
I decided to create a look around a crossbody bag and share some tips on how to style this new accessory!
1. Keep it simple. Let the bag be the star of your outfit. If there are too many things going on with your outfit, a crossbody bag can quickly look out of place.
2. Don't dress too casual. Wearing this kind of bag with a tracksuit can quickly make you look like you're using your crossbody bag to carry around your drug stash. Don't be that guy. Instead, team it up with a smarter jacket and a pair of jeans.
3. Don't dress up too much, keep a good balance between smart and casual if you want to nail this look.
4. Adjust the strap in a way that your bag sits just below your chest. Put the bag to the side of your trunk, so it lightly touches your hips.
I hope I got you to try out this new trend, if not scroll down to be persuaded by some more outfit shots of this look. If you like my bag from Eastpak, it is currently on sale, search for The One Goldout Grey or simply click this link which leads you to the product page with various options to choose from: https://www.eastpak.com/uk-en/shoulder-bags/shop-by/the-one-c7845.html
Bag: Eastpak
Jacket: Pull and Bear
Jeans: Topshop
Hoodie: Vans
Shoes: Vans
Sunglasses: Etnia Barcelona
Love always,
Anne xo
Comments
Post a Comment