Hello September // Denim on Denim

Hey dear readers,

I know I said I would update the blog more regularly over the summer but to be completely honest with you all, I wasn't feeling very inspired lately; is there something like blogger's block? Well, if so, that's what I'm blaming this tardy post on.
My lack of inspiration might come from the fact that my summer didn't quite go as planned. First of all, I expected to travel a bit more than I have during the past three months: the few short trips around Europe were just not able to satisfy my never dying wanderlust as I was really looking forward to exploring more of the world. Then, I fell out with childhood friends in unexpected ways and I got hurt as consequence of falling in love. But thankfully there are always good moments that follow upon bad times, shout out to karma! So what I've been trying to say is that I had an alright summer but that I am now more than ready to move on to autumn.

Here are the things I am looking forward to in autumn:

- Going back to university and meet new people from all around the world.
- Starting a new uni course with some of my friends. I am really excited to see what International Fashion Business has got in store for me. I have a feeling that the course will be packed with opportunities and ways to express one's creativity.
- Wearing oversized hoodies! There is simply no world in which I exist without wearing hoodies.
- Halloween. I love getting dressed up for Halloween and decorating my flat.
- PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES...call me basic but I love everything that tastes like cinnamon and spices.


Moving on to the outfit of this post, the real reason of this post, to be honest.




For this post, I wanted to show an outfit that is perfect for September, the month that is bascially a time of transition from summer to autumn: Ripped jeans, a t-shirt and a denim jacket. Denim is one of my favourite fabrics and I am clearly a double denim enthusiast. This oversized boyfriend denim jacket is one of my favourite recent purchases, it goes well with most of my daytime as well as evening outfits. During the day, I combine it with a pair of same coloured jeans for the double denim look whereas I combine it with a pair of black skinnies and platform trainers when I go out at night. It was quite a bargain as well as I got it from Pull & Bear.
The accessories, such as my new mini backpack and glasses, are great for a back-to-uni/back-to-school look, too.


Denim jacket: Pull & Bear
Jeans: Topshop
Glasses: ASOS
Sneakers: Fenty x Puma


Backpack: Vivienne Westwood



T-shirt: Wasted Paris




Hope to be back soon with a new post,
xo Anne

Comments

Instagram: @theannekay

Followers

Popular Posts