Millennial Pink
Hey everyone,
it's been a busy few weeks since I got back home a month ago. I visited Madrid for the first time and experienced the infectious spirit of the LGBTQ+ community during the month of Pride, made many new friends and just enjoyed life. If you haven't been to Madrid yet, I highly recommend it: it is a beautiful city with many sights, stunning old streets, extremely open-minded people that make everyone feel welcome and a huge variety of shops, restaurants and cafés catering to the needs of students on a budget.
Now that I'm back and that I've received my order from the US which was a Champion x Urban Outfitters hoodie, I decided it was time to post something new on the blog. This time it's all about the colour of the year: Millennial Pink. I usually hate the term "millennials" because it has been used by the media to find a scapegoat to explain every possible thing changing in the different markets. Bad millennials are not spending enough money because they're all poor and lazy and want to live off Instagram instead of getting a real job... yeah right because it's our fault everything has become more expensive and that we can't afford to buy anything any more because we'd rather get a degree instead of working right away. Well dear baby boomers and Generation X people, it's knowledge over money for me #sorrynotsorry.
Anyway, the good thing about this whole millennial craze is that we've got our own designated colour which finally lets me wear as much of my favourite colour as I want without looking like a barbie doll. Pink rules!
Since many streetwear brands have used Millennial Pink in their collections, I put together a little outfit for you. In this post, I'm wearing a hoodie with shorts, a combination I like a lot as it's perfect for those long summer nights that want to make you cover up when it has cooled down a bit.
As you can see pink and white are colours that go perfectly together, Frank Ocean knows. Combine white and denim with baby pink accessories to achieve this look.
it's been a busy few weeks since I got back home a month ago. I visited Madrid for the first time and experienced the infectious spirit of the LGBTQ+ community during the month of Pride, made many new friends and just enjoyed life. If you haven't been to Madrid yet, I highly recommend it: it is a beautiful city with many sights, stunning old streets, extremely open-minded people that make everyone feel welcome and a huge variety of shops, restaurants and cafés catering to the needs of students on a budget.
Now that I'm back and that I've received my order from the US which was a Champion x Urban Outfitters hoodie, I decided it was time to post something new on the blog. This time it's all about the colour of the year: Millennial Pink. I usually hate the term "millennials" because it has been used by the media to find a scapegoat to explain every possible thing changing in the different markets. Bad millennials are not spending enough money because they're all poor and lazy and want to live off Instagram instead of getting a real job... yeah right because it's our fault everything has become more expensive and that we can't afford to buy anything any more because we'd rather get a degree instead of working right away. Well dear baby boomers and Generation X people, it's knowledge over money for me #sorrynotsorry.
Anyway, the good thing about this whole millennial craze is that we've got our own designated colour which finally lets me wear as much of my favourite colour as I want without looking like a barbie doll. Pink rules!
Since many streetwear brands have used Millennial Pink in their collections, I put together a little outfit for you. In this post, I'm wearing a hoodie with shorts, a combination I like a lot as it's perfect for those long summer nights that want to make you cover up when it has cooled down a bit.
As you can see pink and white are colours that go perfectly together, Frank Ocean knows. Combine white and denim with baby pink accessories to achieve this look.
Sunglasses: Etnia Barcelona
Hoodie: Champion x UO collab
Shorts: Levi's
Socks: Obey
Sneakers: Nike
See you soon,
Anne xo





Comments
Post a Comment