My 7 winter tips

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while but I'm back with a new post *Hoorayyy*

Update on my life then: It has become quite cold in Nottingham, with temperatures reaching below zero at night. My Christmas holidays start next week and I am feeling more festive each day.
With Winter Wonderland (Nottingham's Christmas market) in town, I am missing home more than ever. I can't wait to get my hands on a mulled wine and some "Gromperekichelcher" (Luxembourgish potato pancakes) once I am home.

For this blog post, I went to Nottingham's iconic Lace Market and put a winter outfit together that I think, would keep everyone warm yet look cool af.






As well as this kickass outfit, I am sharing my top 7 tips on how I keep up with the British cold with you.


1. Buy a puffer jacket, they are everywhere right now and keep you warm like no other coat I have ever had. Mine is from Zara and has a subtle camo print all over.

2. Get some real boots/shoes that keep your feet safe from rain or, worst case scenario, snow! Throw away your uggs and invest into some Timberlands, they are THE winter shoes of 2016.

3. Buy some real knitwear that actually keeps you nice and warm and doesn't just look good with the itching included in the cheap price. My jumper is from Jack Wills and it's 100% Merino wool. Cosiest jumper ever and it only costs around 60 pounds (will turn out cheaper with them doing frequent deals on knitwear in autumn/winter as well).


4. Drink some Christmas drinks to warm yourself up and to feel extra festive. A hot beverage makes a cold day a 100 times better (at least!) and if that hot beverage tastes like Christmas in a cup, well what are you even waiting for? My favourite drink is the Black Forest Hot Chocolate from Costa but Caffè Nero has some great Christmas drinks as well!

5. Don't think your sunglasses are of no use during the winter. There are even sunny days in winter and with the sun hanging quite low, the sunlight will bother you, 100%. Mine were a gift from Barcelona, shout out to the Faccios.

6. Write a list with things to look forward to. With sunsets as early as 3:30 pm and just gloomy days in general, it is hard to not feel any motivation at all. I like creating countdowns on those smartphone apps that tell me how many days I have to wait until something really cool is coming up. For example, my holidays to Tenerife are only 28 days away, can't wait to see the sun!

7. If you're a girl and like make up, use some dark lipstick shades to look like a Snow Queen. My favourite at the moment, is Captive by MAC which is a dark purple lipstick. Another one of my all-time favourite lipsticks is Rouge Allure - Rouge Noir from Chanel. Don't forget to keep your lips hydrated, though with a cute little lip balm, before applying the lipstick.



Jacket: Zara
Jumper: Jack Wills
Trousers: Zara
Boots: Timberland
Sunglasses: Etnia Barcelona
Choker: gift from India
Bag: Skinny Dip









Comments

Instagram: @theannekay

Followers

Popular Posts